Our Growing Practice: We believe that growing high quality foods require high quality soil; therefore, the ingredients we use for growing are of higher standards compared to the conventional systems. All our plants are grown in full organic soil, GMO FREE, and are not treated with any chemicals or pesticide. Our plants are organically grown and packed in Florida USA.
Mulberries look like blackberries, but they grow on a tree, not a bush. Black mulberry fruit is large, 1 to 2 inches long, and juicy; they have an intense sweet-tart flavor. The tartness of black mulberry is reminiscent of grapefruit. Black mulberries are considered the best tasting.
BLACK MULBERRY PLANT CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Growing zones: Black mulberry trees grow in USDA hardiness zone 6b and warmer. They are the least cold tolerant. Black mulberries grow 30 feet tall and about 35 feet wide; some cultivars grow shorter; they are the smallest mulberry and can produce fruit for more than 100 years.
- Planting: Choose a location where your tree will receive full or partial sunlight and the soil drains well. Dig a hole that is three times as wide as the root ball and equal in depth. Remove your tree from its container and place it into the hole, ensuring it is standing upright and the top of the root ball is even with the ground. Begin backfilling the hole with existing soil, tamping down lightly as you fill. Immediately water the area to settle the soil and help to eliminate air pockets. Mulch around the base of the tree to conserve soil moisture and prevent weeds/grass from growing.
- Light: Mulberry trees can thrive in both full sun and partial shade conditions, though as with many fruiting trees, more light equals more fruit.
- Watering: Water your tree weekly while it is establishing. Once established, your normal rainfall will be enough unless you are experiencing extreme drought or heat.
- Fertilizing: Mulberries do well without additional fertilization, but a 10-10-10 application, once per year will keep them healthy. Mulberries are even primarily free from most pests and disease.
- Pruning: Routine pruning is not necessary with this tree, but damaged or crossing shoots should be pruned away in late fall or winter while the tree is dormant, which helps avoid sap loss.
Baffinco Organic is Family Owned and Operated Since 1995
Grown & Packed in Florida USA .
Available all year from sunny Florida.
Buy with confidence. We've served Thousand Happy Customers.