Our Growing Practice: We believe that growing high quality foods require high quality soil; therefore, the ingredients we use for growing are of higher standards compared to the conventional systems. All our plants are grown in full organic soil, GMO FREE, and are not treated with any chemicals or pesticide. Our plants are organically grown and packed in Florida USA.
Tamarind tree is a great addition to your garden as a light shade tree, ornamental bonsai or as a tree to harvest its sour-sweet fruit. The beautiful feathery leaflets of the tamarind tree close up at night. To grow a tamarind tree successfully for years, it needs full sun (can handle light frost), watering must be frequent, fertilization weekly during the growing season and a rich sandy soil.
TAMARIND PLANT CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Light: Tamarind thrives in full sun but be aware that the plants need to be acclimated. Young plants that are not used to the full sun will suffer from sudden exposure to bright light, but once acclimated, they will definitely perform better.
- Soil: Tamarind prefers deep loamy soil. It thrives in neutral, gritty, clay, even saline soil type. Soil should be well drained. For growing tamarind, you don’t need to care about soil pH level. It grows in pH level around 4.5 – 9.
- Water: Water saplings deeply when the first inch of soil is dry to the touch. Once established, tamarind trees do not need watering and can withstand periods of extreme drought conditions without experiencing adverse effects.
- Temperature and Humidity: Tamarind is a tropical tree; it endures mild winter but growing it outside in colder climate is definitely a bad idea. If you want to grow it, grow tamarind tree in pot and keep it indoors or in a greenhouse during winter. You can also make a beautiful bonsai of tamarind tree.
- Fertilizer: Feed the tamarind plant with organic fertilizer according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Fertilize young trees with 6 – 6 – 3 (N – P – K) fertilizer every 2-3 months during season. Mature trees don’t need fertilizer but can be fertilized occasionally with 8 – 3 – 9 fertilizers to give a boost. Application of compost and manure should be done too, to reduce the need for fertilizer.
Baffinco Organic is Family Owned and Operated Since 1995
Grown & Packed in Florida USA .
Available all year from sunny Florida.
Buy with confidence. We've served Thousand Happy Customers.