Our Growing Practice: We believe that growing high quality foods require high quality soil; therefore, the ingredients we use for growing are of higher standards compared to the conventional systems. All our plants are grown in full organic soil, GMO FREE, and are not treated with any chemicals or pesticide. Our plants are organically grown and packed in Florida USA.
In the world of Ayurveda, neem is a popular medicinal herb that’s been part of traditional remedies that date back almost 5000 years. The neem tree is a really good example of how nature holds both the problem and the cure. It’s home to more than 130 different biologically active compounds! Its leaves contain nimbin, nimbanene, vitamin C, and several flavonoids.
NEEM PLANT CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Temperature: The neem tree loves tropical to subtropical climate. It thrives in hot weather and can grow in temperatures up to 50°C (120F), but it will not tolerate cold weathers below 5°C (35F), especially young trees. The tree loves sunlight and high temperature. The growth rate will be highest in summers; however, it will grow as big as the size of pot allows.
- Watering: Water only if the top 1-inch soil feels dry. If growing in pot, the tree will need watering daily in summer. However, over-watering will harm the neem tree due to fungus and root rot.
- Soil: Neem can grow in any type of soil but it grows best in free-draining nutrition rich soil. To make the soil free-soil free-draining, mix river sand or perlite in a good quality potting mix. Add cow manure in the potting mix to make it nutrition rich needed to grow neem tree.
- Care in Winter: In winter the tree may not withstand the low temperatures, you may have to shift the tree indoors if it is growing in a pot. The neem tree goes dormant during winter, it needs less watering. If the tree is growing outdoors in ground, then you can cover the tree with old blankets. Or you can put Christmas light around tree branches to provide some warmth. If you are keeping your neem plant indoors, then you may notice the wilting of the leaves if you are heating your house. It will be good to mist the leaves frequently. Place the tree indoors where it can receive maximum light.
- Neem Tree Growth rate: The neem tree grows slowly during its first year, then grows very fast under proper conditions of light and temperature.
Baffinco Organic is Family Owned and Operated Since 1995
Grown & Packed in Florida USA .
Available all year from sunny Florida.
Buy with confidence. We've served Thousand Happy Customers.