Our Growing Practice: We believe that growing high quality foods require high quality soil; therefore, the ingredients we use for growing are of higher standards compared to the conventional systems. All our plants are grown in full organic soil, GMO FREE, and are not treated with any chemicals or pesticide. Our plants are organically grown and packed in Florida USA.
Java plum (Syzygium cumini) which has been known as black plum, Malabar plum is a plant species native to Asia and Australia. Java plum grows in moist, riverine habitats. This species is valued for its fruit and timber. The fruits, called Jambolan fruits, are edible, have a sweet and acidic flavor, and can be made into sauces and jams.
JAVA PLUM PLANT CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Grow Zone and Light: Best outdoors if grown in zone 10a-11. Although it prefers a sunny position, plants are moderately shade-tolerant, especially when young.
- Temperature: The tree grows best in areas where annual daytime temperatures are within the range 20-32°C, but can tolerate 12-48°C. In the northern end of their grow zone Black Java Plum Trees should be brought indoors or protected during the winter months.
- Soil: Java Plum does best in well-draining soil. A good soil will contain lots of organic matter such as coco coir as well as perlite or vermiculite to help with drainage. Remember try to stay away from arid or wet, mucky soils.
- Watering: Once established, this plant can tolerate drought. It is also suitable for xeriscaping. However, for better results it prefers regular watering.
- Fertilizer: Young trees are fertilized with compost to ensure vigorous growth. Once a tree becomes old enough to bear fruit, organic fertilizers are applied after flowering and fruiting to avoid excessive growth of foliage.
Baffinco Organic is Family Owned and Operated Since 1995
Grown & Packed in Florida USA .
Available all year from sunny Florida.
Buy with confidence. We've served Thousand Happy Customers.