Our Growing Practice: We believe that growing high quality foods require high quality soil; therefore, the ingredients we use for growing are of higher standards compared to the conventional systems. All our plants are grown in full organic soil, GMO FREE, and are not treated with any chemicals or pesticide. Our plants are organically grown and packed in Florida USA.
Dragon fruit is an exotic cactus that is found in Asia, Mexico, and parts of South America. Dragon fruit plants can be planted as ornamental plants, but they do bare delicious fruit that is rather tasty. It’s mildly sweet, has tiny black crunchy kiwi-like seeds, and is in fact nutritious. Dragon fruit are extremely unique plants that come in three different types. This is a variation that has the white flesh and the exterior of this fruit is red in color.
DRAGON FRUIT PLANT CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Soil Requirements – This plant is able to grow in any soil that is well draining, but it prefers to grow in soil that is slightly acidic with a pH level that is between six and seven. Sandy soil is the best option for this plant; if it is not available, just ensure that it is well draining soil
- Fertilizer – To ensure that the dragon fruit is growing properly, give it some fertilizer every month during the active growing season. During the cold winter months, you will want to stop feeding your plant for a few months.
- Water – Because this plant is a cactus plant, it is important to make sure that you are watering it properly. Only water the plant when the top of the soil is dry to the touch, and do not allow the plant to sit in water. The soil needs to be moist, not soaked.
- Light Requirements – The base of the plant can see a little shade, but the tips of the plant require full sun to ensure that the plant blooms properly. If too much shade is given to the plant, the fruit will not do well.
- Temperature Requirements – Dragon fruit will not grow in cold climates, so make sure that the temperature is above 40 degrees Fahrenheit to prevent damage from occurring to the plant. For optimal growth, the temperature needs to be between 65 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
Baffinco Organic is Family Owned and Operated Since 1995
Grown & Packed in Florida USA .
Available all year from sunny Florida.
Buy with confidence. We've served Thousand Happy Customers.